Monday 30 August 2010

It's all gone



...packed up, and thrown (carefully I hope) onto a ship to make it's way to the homeland. Now it's just me and a very empty apartment for the next week.  No bed, no television, no seating...just the gym and my laptop to amuse.

I'm not too fussed though.  This will be my third move to another country. You kind of get used to being able to live out of a suitcase.  All those things that you surround yourself with to make your home feel cosy.  Once their all packed up in boxes you realise, YES YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT THEM. 

Of course there are always items that you keep close to your heart, never letting them leave your sight.  For me, it's a pendant that my mum used to wear when I was a child, and my grandfathers flat cap he used to wear while driving.  Just these two things, THAT'S ALL I REALLY NEED.

Additional note:  I will however be very very very thankful Mr Crown if all my boxes arrive in one piece please :)

1 comment:

  1. That deserves an uber hooplah! Holy smoke you're in single figure sleeps now. Exciting! Say goodbye to the camels for me, so glad you're coming back to this side of the world. Enjoy your last few days chicken licken. I promise the sky wont fall in... xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails