Wednesday 11 May 2011

LazyREAD ‘letters to an unborn child’

Am happy to say I just scored myself a first edition of ‘Letters to an unborn child’ by Oriana Fallaci on ebay.  I wouldn’t say I agree politically with everything she said but still I find her so fascinating. 

I had heard about this book years ago and have been looking for a nice hardcover, dusty edition to keep me amused during winter. Originally in Italian it was later translated - not for everyone I am sure (It is written as a letter by a young professional woman to her unborn child; it details the woman's struggle to choose between a career she loves and an unexpected pregnancy, explaining how life works with examples of her childhood, and warning her child about the unfairness of the world.) Yes not the lightest of subjects.

mmm winter reading all rugged up…glass of red…take me there now.

02a

oriana-fallaci2

Letter_to_a_Child_Never_Born!B3djKfQ!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKk!EyRj-U9sUBMmSJ!bBv!~~_12

xinsrc_5221203310948921838040

There are moments in Life when keeping silent becomes a fault, and speaking an obligation. A civic duty, a moral challenge, a categorical imperative from which we cannot escape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails