Sunday 3 July 2011

LazySUNDAY and a little bit of guest bloggin…

A while ago my beautiful friend Miss Gabby over at Savvy Home asked me to take part in a ‘guest blog’ adventure while she was enjoying a well deserved break in Europe. I was asked to share my thoughts on five topics from the  ‘interior design’ world…so here tis! 

1stclass  1. Trend - the pale grey sofa. My taste is definitely more on the eclectic side and the addition of a pale, modern sofa to the lounge area really lifts it to a modern space.

pale grey furniture

2. A Classic - the eames chair. It will always be my favourite. Perfectly stylish and cosy all at the same time. I have already set my lounge up with a corner library in 'eames purchase' preparation.

eames-chair-2

3. A Designer - if I had to pick one designer, I would pick 'everyone'. Being able to see other peoples spaces via blogs such as 'Savvy Home' and 'The Selby' always inspires me to display and express myself through individual pieces I have bought over the years.

7_2_10_PamelaLoveJordan5550  Pamela Love via The Selby

4. A Room - I have always wanted a round bed covered in fur...medieval style, so here is the closest picture I could find to that!

Room - Kylie

5. A Rule - not one for traditional rules but generally I prefer not to have 'matching' items, rather individual pieces of design. Whether it be an item of furniture or a vintage piece of costume jewellery hanging on the wall, these pieces provide a lovely window into the character of the person living in the house, something I find difficult to read in a 'matchy matchy' home.

rule 2

rule1

…the above two pics are from my home…and of course now part of LazySUNDAY bannerworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails